"I have work. Then a dinner thing, and then I am busy trying to become who I am." - Hannah, Girls

Saturday, October 22, 2016

I quit hostessing and am now a babysitter rolling in the dough

I met the most wonderful woman in the park a little over a week ago. I was about to turn back towards campus, but I decided to stop at the water fountain. A couple was in front of me, and when the woman turned around, she noticed my shirt. 

"You know I was in insert sorority here," she told me.

*I want to point out that this is one of the few instances where I ever wear a tank-top, it is still a very long tank-top

We went on to talk about how she had babysitters from my chapter before, and needed a new one. Long story short, I quit my job, and am now babysitting a 15 year-old girl and her 9 year-old brother. I'm not doing much sitting, just picking up and driving them places. But I like the kids, and I make about $20 an hour so. I firmly believe that meeting Mrs. F was fate. The opportunity fell into my lap. How could I not quit my job?

No comments:

Post a Comment