"I have work. Then a dinner thing, and then I am busy trying to become who I am." - Hannah, Girls

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Surprise! I have no job prospectives, but I'm interesting I swear.

This is how I feel before people know I'm taking Painting this semester:

                      
Look at me. You assume that I am in the Business School. I am studying Marketing, or Economics, or maybe taking Calculus. WRONG.

I'm an English major first and foremost. I like writing. No, I don't want to be a teacher. I took a lot of Film Studies classes with the intention of that being my second major. But, I decided that film theory and analysis is bleh. So, I declared Digital Media Production as my second major! It's like Film Studies, but is more hands-on. You create things instead of sitting in a class talking about things that other people created. 

"Well that's cool!" you're thinking. Hold on. It gets better. 

I'm technically a senior, because I've taken  w a y y y y  too many credits. So I am playing around with my time.

Here is how I feel after people discover that I am taking Painting this semester:



I feel super cool and trendy, despite the fact that I haven't even touched paint yet. I always wanted to an artist when I was little. For Christmas one year, I got a blue beret and an easel. My prepubescent self would be thrilled to know that I am painting. But, she would also be heartbroken to know that we don't get cool splotches of paint all over our clothes. And she would be devastated about the fact that we definitely don't wear berets in class. 

Liberal Arts rocks. I like doing things that I liked to do when I was 5-years-old. So what? Painting 101 > Finance. I need to remember that when I'm regretting my majors/minors come graduation time.

No comments:

Post a Comment