"I have work. Then a dinner thing, and then I am busy trying to become who I am." - Hannah, Girls

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Overdue Post + Overthinking Health

I wrote this before I left home and moved back to school for the summer:

When I rack up the calories that my dad just had a for breakfast he is more than halfway done with his daily intake.

I wanted to go get some coffee on this overcast Sunday morning, so I asked to take his car to go to Dunkin' Donuts. He asked me to get him a sausage, egg, and cheese breakfast sandwich and two blueberry jelly filled donuts.

My dad has done a half marathon. He can eat healthy. But recently he hasn't seemed to care about his health.

It's fine. My dad can eat however he wants. I know that he is a grown man and can look after himself. And I can't tell the person who is paying for MY food to not eat HIS food.

He's paid for my private education, shopping sprees, and car. I can't refuse to buy him a donut. Or tell him to not have waffles for dinner while my sister and I eat salads. I want to remind him about the 13.1 miles he ran a few months ago. I want to tell him to start walking the dogs again in the morning before work. I want to to tell him to go above the garage and do the bike at least. But he keeps sleeping in and craves pizza for dinner.

On one hand, I shouldn't care, because I know my father is happy and healthy. He's the healthiest he's been since I was born probably. But he can easily turn out like his father. He can get sick from sugar and still from apathy if this goes on much longer.
_______________________________________________________________________________

Update: I called my dad on Father's Day and asked him if he has been running. He hasn't been.


No comments:

Post a Comment