"I have work. Then a dinner thing, and then I am busy trying to become who I am." - Hannah, Girls

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Do all adults cook with this much salt?

I've been living on my own for about 3 weeks now. I got into town on June 1st, stayed with my aunt for 2 nights, and then moved into my apartment.

Since then I have had to deal with turning on my gas and electricity, taken a trip to the sewerage and water board, got wifi and cable, and figured out my work schedule.

My favorite things about being on my own is...

1) I stroll to the gym every morning
2) I make my own money and see my savings GROW
3) I use my car more often
4) I go grocery shopping alone (favorite activity)
5) I cook for myself

My least favorite things include...

1) Missing my sister
2) Living with random subletters
        -  i.e. a 65 year-old woman who is deathly allergic to cats and is eerily quiet (she's gone now), sharing a bathroom with a boy (he seems nice)


Right now I'm trying to find the balance between being healthy and indulging and having fun with friends. Last summer I was able to just focus on health. This summer I'm surrounded by friends who want to eat out and drink on any given day. Hopefully I can figure out how to do this come August. Because I don't want a repeat of last year.


1 comment:

  1. I remember the first few days living in my own place. It's funny - at the time I despaired over having so few things, but now I look back on that time with envy...

    ReplyDelete