"I have work. Then a dinner thing, and then I am busy trying to become who I am." - Hannah, Girls

Monday, May 23, 2016

The Devil Went Down to the Triathlon

In my last post I said I would rather run 6 miles outside than run 1.5 on the treadmill. The morning after that post I did just that. And yes,  that 60 minutes was better than 15 minutes on a treadmill.

After I was done with my run, I went to check out the triathlon that people were setting up for. The next day, I walked my dogs, came home, and then went to watch the race with my family.

Watching the race made me realize that while I like running outside, I will not do a triathlon. Or a half triathlon. Maybe an olympic triathlon. And possibly a mini triathlon.

I saw a guy propose to his girlfriend after they finished the race. I also watched a man literally fall on his face right in front of the finish line. He held on to the wall lining the last stretch of the race and dragged himself along. Then he got to the end. He fell on his face, broke his glasses, started bleeding, and literally crawled across the finish line.

My sister and I couldn't stop laughing about it. A person falling right before finishing a race that has taken them 7+ hours is insane. Insane. Dually sad and hilarious. That's the kind of thing that you joke about happening, but never actually think will happen. Well, I saw it.

My sister and I are probably going to hell for laughing, but we agree that hell doesn't sounds too bad. The people going there are more fun anyways.



"There’s a guy named Fred and he’s got a pair of slacks.
Oooh Fred’s got slacks!"

No comments:

Post a Comment